Monday, October 29, 2012
Sunday, October 28, 2012
Sunday, October 21, 2012
Friday, October 19, 2012
Tuesday, October 16, 2012
Sunday, October 14, 2012
Saturday, October 13, 2012
Wednesday, October 10, 2012
Anyway its a really good thing for mainly two reasons: Vicki gets to sleep from 7 or 8pm until 2 or 3am (once we perfect the pumping pattern) and I get the extra bonding time with the littler VCH.
Last night i patted, swaddled, and comforted Vera back to sleep all by myself. Sigh of happiness.
Monday, October 8, 2012
Sunday, October 7, 2012
Saturday, October 6, 2012
- We swaddle her at night with both arms out. The thriller thing (see previous post) is really her thing - she likes having her hands.
- Size 1 diapers. Size 0 (newborn) pretty much lasted just the first week.
- The newborn size clothes are really tight - most of what she wears is 0-3 months.
- She weighed in at 9 lbs 4 oz at her 1-week checkup. (And seems to be ganing more even since - after 1 night away this week I think I actually saw her bulk up a little.
- She's stroller ridden around the block 2 or 3 times (including with Griffin right behind her on the add-on skateboard thing for the stroller).
- We still hold her head all the time, but she's got one of the strongest necks of any 17 day old I've ever known and she uses it to throw that big head around.
We left the house in Marblehead at 12:44pm. Not bad considering when we got in the car both kids (still getting used to saying/writing that) were fed and ready to sleep. Which they did. For about 30 minutes.
Thursday, October 4, 2012
I just got back from my first trip since V was born. I slept pretty well at the Garden Inn but i can't tell you how nice it is to come home to a full house of sleeping family and then Vicki and Vera getting up for the 11pm feed. It puts the joy in diaper changing and burping. Perspective is awesome.
Tuesday, October 2, 2012
Monday, October 1, 2012
- Are you absolutely nuts for having a second kid? Didn't you learn your lesson on the first one?
- Just kidding. No one asks this. And if they did, I'd be all: "No way - we're stoked to have a second kid."
- Is she sleeping well?
- Yes for the most part
- Last night was a little rough - she seemed to be awake 1/2 the night after a tough day Sunday of trying to keep her awake at all during the day.
- Vicki does much more of the night time waking. I'm ill equipped I wish I had boobs sometimes so I could be "a really useful engine" as Thomas, Percy and co. would say.
- ...and I sleep through a lot of the crying. Actually I sleep through a lot of the everything. In fact, one night in the hospital after Vera was born I slept straight through two or three nurse visits and my wife in the most pain of her entire recovery in the hospital.
- How's Griffin handling it?
- I think pretty darn good for a 2.66 year old. Keep in mind this is the same kid who's afraid of the sound of a public toilet flushing, so, you know, things are scary for him sometimes.
- He's tested the waters a few times with a smack here and a poke-in-the-eye there, but we nipped those in the bud and he's really pretty gentle.
- To date, he's specifically asked to hold Vera like 4 or 6 times, which I think is pretty good.
- I'm getting a lot closer to him having spent so much time 1:1 while Vick is feeding and otherwise tending to Vera.