Monday, October 1, 2012

FAQ

The two most common questions I get about Vera's arrival (and their answers) are:

  • Are you absolutely nuts for having a second kid? Didn't you learn your lesson on the first one?
    • Just kidding.  No one asks this.  And if they did, I'd be all:  "No way - we're stoked to have a second kid."
  • Is she sleeping well?
    • Yes for the most part
    • Last night was a little rough - she seemed to be awake 1/2 the night after a tough day Sunday of trying to keep her awake at all during the day.
    • Vicki does much more of the night time waking.  I'm ill equipped   I wish I had boobs sometimes so I could be "a really useful engine" as Thomas, Percy and co. would say.
    • ...and I sleep through a lot of the crying.  Actually I sleep through a lot of the everything.  In fact, one night in the hospital after Vera was born I slept straight through two or three nurse visits and my wife in the most pain of her entire recovery in the hospital.  
  • How's Griffin handling it?
    • I think pretty darn good for a 2.66 year old.  Keep in mind this is the same kid who's afraid of the sound of a public toilet flushing, so, you know, things are scary for him sometimes.
    • He's tested the waters a few times with a smack here and a poke-in-the-eye there, but we nipped those in the bud and he's really pretty gentle.
    • To date, he's specifically asked to hold Vera like 4 or 6 times, which I think is pretty good.  
    • I'm getting a lot closer to him having spent so much time 1:1 while Vick is feeding and otherwise tending to Vera. 
Keep the questions coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment