Friday, March 29, 2013

Vera's First Solid Food!

Hard to belive but on 3/16/13 Vera boarded the solid food train (2 days shy of her 6 month birthday)... Woo wooo! (wow, did I really just type that?  I'm silly tired on iced coffee and easter candy that I just stole from Griff's basket.). 

What this whole "starting solid foods" thing really means is that we are now leaving the non-stinky breastmilk poop arena and heading into the rancid world of solid poop... hold on tight...

Vera's first food was organic brown rice cereal.  She had a few tablespoons mixed with water. In typical babe behavior, she grabbed for the spoon a few times, spilled a little here and there, and seemed moderately interested.  It was basically a sticky mess that we enthusiastically caught on camera.




Since the brown rice cereal 2 weeks ago, we have quickly moved onto oatmeal, peas (for our sweet pea!), carrots (which seemed to give her gas), butternut squash (she loves it), and now we are in the middle of trying green beans (I smile really big when giving her these and she seems to eat them happily).  We're going the veggies route first, before introducing fruits.  I figure, she is my second chance at raising a healthy, non-picky eater, and since I earned myself a mere C+ with Griffin, I'm determined to do better.  

Since 3/16, V has become an expert eater, finishing no less than 3 ounces of veggies with a few extra tablespoons of oatmeal mixed in twice a day.  She loves to make fart noises with her mouth, especially when it's filled with food, so after staining (and having to stain stick and bleach) several cute outfits, I've decided that it makes sense to have her eat naked.  Naked (diapered) eating is the best!

Yay for Vera!

Here's a video:

No comments:

Post a Comment