Friday, November 22, 2013

When She's Upset

Last night v woke up at about 10:00 coughing and scream-crying.  We gave her a few minutes per our normal "let em cry it out" philosophy.  But then it got louder and we know she is teething and snotty.  And really, its just sad when she's upset, like I want to protect her from every bad thing in the world.
So I went into her room and picked her up and we danced around and I hummed.  Not much difference.  I wiped her nose and got the sweaty mat of hair brushed back behind her ear.  I carried her downstairs  to get some milk, teething tablets, and a little ibuprofen.  Plus a big snuggle with Mom.  Hard to say which one worked the best.   Back upstairs she laid with mom on our bed for a minute, then distracted herself with the red glow of alarm clock.  And then I put her back down in her crib, realizing that the biggest underlying problem was exhaustion.  She rubbed her lovies on her face, popped a paci into her own mouth, and settled in to sleep.  I love that lil' girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment