Thursday, November 1, 2012

辣子鸡: Vera Nicknames Update

When it comes to nicknames, I've been sticking with "V" and "Peanut" pretty closely.
One minor modifier is "Spicy Chicken", which is a nod to one of my favorite dishes at one of our favorite restaurants  Spicy Chicken Peanut at Su Chang's.

So I'll say something like "Hi Spicy Chicken.  How's your day going?"  or "I love you Spicy Chicken.  Want to hear about tomorrow's weather forecast?", for example.  

In Chinese, Spicy Chicken is written "辣子鸡".  And its pronounced "zhong tsai chjoun".  Just kidding, I made up that pronounciation.  But the characters are right.  But you believed me about the pronunciation right?  Vera didn't.  So I looked it up on google translate and its actually pronounced "là zĭ jī".

No comments:

Post a Comment